5.05.2014

A to Z Reflections!


April 2014.. What a month! What a month...

Y'all, life decided it was not going to be put on hold for April A-Z! Between a cold, travel for work, a 1,500 person event to run, and my whole family descending on us for the last week of April, it's been... a bit nuts. I'll be honest - there were a couple days I wasn't sure I was going to make it through A-Z, even though I was a co-host. But I did! Z was realllly late, but it all got written, all the emails were answered, and I survived.

Some thoughts..
* There is this beautiful thing called CTRL+F or APPLE+F that allows you to find things (hence, F) on a webpage. After a month of answering the A-Z info email, I feel like this advice should be blinking on every co-host's forehead, blog header, post, etc. My amusement with how many times I was asked how to find someone on the list brought my husband to start suggesting A-Z blog post titles: "Awesome! Ctrl+F lets me find myself on the list!" "Boy, oh boy that ctrl+F sure is useful!" "Ctrl +F - your best friend", etc. Lookout folks, it just might happen next year!
* Being a co-host is a BUSY thing to do! But it's also pretty awesome and totally worth it. The co-host team (as you probably know by now) is full of some rockin' people, with cool ideas and great blog content. It's been fun to be a part of the team.
* As a sub-note to the being busy part (and also the life-chaos part), I didn't get to visit as many people as I wanted to this year.  I'm hoping to remedy that a bit with the Road Trip and visiting some Reflections posts this week.
* It's fun to teach people how to use Twitter chats! I had a great time chatting with everyone, especially our regulars. Much cake and caffeine were had by all :)
* My wHooligans were absolutely essential to my survival this month! They were my boots on the ground when life got crazy, so thank you so much to Tamara, Shilpa, Elsie, LuAnn, Kripali, and Helen!

I was pretty impressed with the posts this year. They made me laugh, taught me things, that took me to new worlds, and a few that made me tear up a bit. I think that's the best thing about A-Z: finding folks that make you think in a new way, even if for just one letter. It's an inspirational Hop to be a part of!

How about you all, do you have any feedback for us? Did you write a post with reflections on A-Z? Check out the sign-up page and add your link to the list if you wrote a Reflection post! We love your feedback :)

Thanks for a great month everyone!

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting me be a wHooligan! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I've found some great blogs, and I now have plans to try to get through the rest of the blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to find anyone who was satisfied with the amount of blogs they were able to visit and comment on. So many great blogs out there, I know my head was spinning as to how to manage my time. I think I will do a reflections post tonight or tomorrow.

    Congrats on completing the challenge (and pulling double duty as a co-host) through all the craziness you had in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first A to Z challenge and while I found it overwhelming at times, I really enjoyed it.

    Thank you for the double duty work you put into the challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally rocked it, AJ! So glad you were a co-host and fellow partaker of the go ctrl+f yourself tutoring at the info@ email! Yes, we do need to go for that coffee, or if it's the right timing of our meeting, perhaps multiple martinis...
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014

    ReplyDelete
  5. April was never this exciting and interesting! Thanks to the A to Z Challenge, it was a fun-filled and super delightful for all of us! Working with you as a wHooligan was an enjoyable and insightful experience. So glad to be a part of your team, AJ :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopped by on a quick A to Z Roadtrip. This was the second time I completed the challenge and this is my very first Roadtrip reading amazing BLOGS... Glad to be your newest follower. :) ~ Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was honored to be a wHooligan. It wore me the heck out ... but it was worth it! I enjoyed working with the other minions too! And I think I spent more time visiting and commenting last month than I have in the whole of my blogging 'career' previously! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi AJ
    Just wanted to stop and thank you directly for co-hosting the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. :-)

    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi AJ. It was really wonderful working with you. Loved every bit of being part of your team. Hope I was not a major disappointment. But yes I did give it my best shot. wHooligans rock.

    -Kripali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the hard work you put into the success of the challenge. It was my first time doing the challenge and now I'm on the road trip. What a blast of fun! I wrote my reflection post too. Michelle @ http://www.writer-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your Whooligans were awesome, AJ. It was great to have you as a cohost as well. I didn't visit as many blogs as I would have liked either-- and am joining in on the road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks ton for ensuring we had a fab time during A to Z. It's been truly awesome and I am first timer, enjoyed like anything:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a great job in helping to make this the best A to Z so far. Thank you for everything. I wish I'd known about Control+F sooner, but at least I did eventually discover that useful tool.

    Thanks for everything

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed your A to Z and now I'm on the Road Trip. It shall be a meandering journey but I do discover interesting blogs and such a variety in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AJ, I totally enjoyed the one twitter chat I made it to on my lunch hour at work one day. Thank you for bringing that to the challenge! Barbara
    Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  16. My brain is the size of a sweet pea! Thank you for the ctrl Z tip! I'm afraid I was never actually taught how to use a computer. (Scary thought when you think how they now depend on me at work!) Note to self: get a list and learn other ctrl options.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on completing the challenge. And well done for coping with life and co-hosting duties at the same time. I hope you've had a very peaceful May as a reward.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was hard enough posting and commenting. I can't imagine co-hosting. You all did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A to Z rocked this year! Thanks for co-hosting!
    And thanks for the blitz today!

    ReplyDelete

Aw, thanks for commenting! Make sure to leave your blog address so I can easily come visit you!

Sorry about the moderation & captcha - I've been getting spammed. I promise to take it down soon :)